HALL OF FAME - 2017 Exciting Inaugural Year! (scroll down to see the name of the inductees)
We are thrilled to announce that the Tennessee Senior Olympics is establishing a Hall of Fame in 2017. Scores of exceptional athletes and key volunteers have graced our system. Honoring these individuals will be an exciting time for our organization.
The purpose of the Tennessee Senior Olympics HALL OF FAME is to recognize and honor outstanding athletic performances as well as outstanding contributions that have made our organization successful.
We need your help.
- Consider an athletes, board members, key volunteers, and other individuals are eligible.
- Nominations may be submitted by anyone
- self-nominations accepted
- awards may be made posthumously.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The basic requirements are:
- nominee must be a Tennessee resident or live within 30 miles of the border
- be an athlete, board member, or a volunteer for at least 7 years
- exhibited good sportsmanship and citizenship
- has acted as a positive ambassador for the TSO
- other considerations include gold medals won, records broken, volunteer hours served, and National participation
The deadline to nominate is April 28th. All nominations must be received in our office by April 28th. A committee has been appointed to deliberate and choose an inaugural class of six (6) people. The inductees will be announced at the state finals party on Monday, June 26, 2017.
Nominees for the 2018 class will open later this year.
2017 Hall of Fame Inductees:
Click this link to read about their accomplishments: Hall of Fame Inductees 2017
Joanne Ramsey, posthumously