We are so excited that you are contemplating joining the thousands of other Tennesseans aged 50 and older for the Tennessee Senior Olympics.
Joining us is simple and easy! The only stipulation is that you are at least 50 years old by December 31 of the current year and you are a Tennessee resident or no more than 30 miles from the state border.
Some steps to take:
- Find your home district. This is based on your county of residence. Click here for a list of counties and the corresponding districts.
- Click the tab to open your home district's web page. Note the dates.
- Download an entry form or call the district coordinator listed to mail one to you. (Please note: Entry forms are available for download from our website about 1 month before the deadline date)
- Register online (where available) or mail the entry form in by the entry deadline.
- Please know that you may participate in as many districts as you desire. It is not a requirement that you participate in your home district although it is recommended.
- Once you have participated in a district you are eligible for the state finals in the exact/sport event in which you competed. For more information on eligibility and registration questions, please click here.
- The state finals are held in June each summer. An entry form may be downloaded from the site when available. For more information on the State Finals, please click here.
- A few sports at the state finals are considered "open" and district participation is not required. Open Sports are Archery, Cycling (5K/20K), Power Walk, Racquetball, Road Races (5K and 5K Racewalk/10K), Pole Vault, Triple Jump, and any sport not offered at your district.
- You can view our Rules Manual at http://tnseniorolympics.com/rules-regulations.html
- Athletes will compete in age groups 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, etc.
- Join our mailing list to stay informed of dates, news, and updates. You can join by clicking here.
- If you are brand new to the TSO or were unable to participate in a district game in the fall, please click here and read for more information. Go to WHO is eligible? and scroll down.
Please note that common questions revolve around finding a doubles partner or team to join, finding senior groups who practice or play together regularly, or help in finding tournaments or events. Please click on the links below for assistance.