WHO is eligible?
- Athletes who participated in a fall 2018 Tennessee Senior Olympics district event as well as brand new athletes to the system. Scroll down to review the New Participant Rule passed in the fall of 2013.
- Athletes may only enter those exact sports or events that were played at the district. However, please note this Rule* passed by our board in 2015:
*Athletes who participated in ONE event at a district game (i.e. singles, mixed, or doubles) within badminton, bowling, pickleball, racquetball, table tennis, tennis (up to two events), and shuffleboard may sign up for all three events at the State Finals if interested. The board realizes that especially with doubles sports and a long time frame between district and state that it may be difficult to secure partners at the time of the district. With these sports being so popular and spanning more than one day at many districts the board is also aware that work commitments and other obligations may make it difficult to play all three events. Thus the flexibility written into the new rule.
- OPEN SPORTS exceptions: The following sports do not require district participation in order to register for the state finals.
- Cycling (5K/20K)
- Power Walk
- 5K Walk
- Road Races (5K/10K)
- Pole Vault
- Triple Jump
- Cornhole singles/doubles
- Disc Golf
- Trap Shooting
- Basketball 3 on 3 (2019 only)
- Any sport NOT offered at your district
- Golf: 2018 District Golfers will be given first chance to register and then golf will be opened on April 1 to all golfers.
New Participant Rule
An athlete who has never participated at any level of the Tennessee Senior Olympics system but who desires to participate in the state finals will be granted:
In addition, our board passed this rule:
- Hardship Cases: If an athlete missed his or her district competition for a valid reason (medical, family emergency etc) the board may grant an exception. Please fill out and return a Hardship Form. See form at the bottom of this page.
District Wavier Form (for First Time Participant's only - the $30 district processing fee has been suspended for 2019).
|TSO District Waiver Form 2019|
|TSO Hardship Form.pdf|